Sudden Cardiac Arrest is fatal 95% of the time.
We have to prevent it before it strikes!
Youth Heart Screening
KSYSA ODP Training – Overland Park, KS
Saturday, Nov. 17 & Sunday, Nov. 18
FOR AGES 8 TO 25
Frequently, the warning signs and symptoms of Sudden Cardiac Arrest are masked or misdiagnosed. The ATS HeartCheck can help detect congenital and genetic heart conditions that don’t show up during a regular checkup or sports physical.
Each child receives an EKG and Echocardiogram (heart ultrasound) with comprehensive results provided by board-certified pediatric cardiologists. These potentially life-saving tests normally cost in excess of $1500 but are being made available for the low cost of $129. Additional discounts are available for families that qualify. CLICK HERE to access the financial aid request form.
CLICK HERE to see the flyer
[su_accordion][su_spoiler title=”Read more about this screening” open=”no” style=”simple” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
The ATS HeartCheck uses the most effective analytic tools to understand a heart’s condition. We include blood pressure, electrocardiogram (EKG), and echocardiogram (heart ultrasound), all delivered by specially trained medical professionals certified in congenital and genetic heart conditions who make their living saving kids lives every day. You won’t find a better screening anywhere!
Here are a few reasons why you should give careful consideration to signing your child up for an appointment.
- According to the American Heart Association, at least one-half million youth in the U.S. have some form of cardiac problem – that’s 1 in 100 kids.
- These problems range from minor performance issues to sudden cardiac arrest.
- This testing goes beyond the standard physical to uncover dangerous-hidden heart conditions.
- ATS is the most respected youth heart screening programs in the country.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What tests are included? The ATS HeartCheck includes an electrocardiogram (EKG) and echocardiogram (heart ultrasound).
- Can health insurance be used to pay for this? Health insurance will not cover voluntary testing like these, whether done in a hospital or by ATS. These are the same tests you would get at the hospital or cardiologist’s office without the hassles or excessive costs, often exceeding $1500.
- How often should my child get their heart tested? New research out of the University of London indicates youth should have regular heart screenings. After their initial screening, they should receive a follow-up screening at age 16, 18, 20, and 25.
There are a limited number of appointments available so make your appointment before it’s too late.
[su_accordion][su_spoiler title=”What is the Kansas Youth Soccer Association” open=”no” style=”simple” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
WHAT IS KSYSA?
Kansas State Youth Soccer Association, Inc. is a member of the US Soccer Federation (USSF) and US Youth Soccer and was officially recognized in 1981 as the sanctioned youth soccer organization for the state of Kansas. It is a not-for-profit Kansas corporation, allowing tax deductible donations and contributions to the fullest extent of the law. Kansas Youth Soccer has a current membership base of over 26,000 youth players, 1,600 active coaches, 1,600 referees and thousands of volunteers through its network of over 30 affiliate member leagues/clubs across the state of Kansas.
Kansas Youth Soccer is organized to provide nonprofit, public, educational soccer development and competition. Its leadership is comprised of a volunteer Board of Directors who represent all parts of the state. The organization currently has a professional staff working out of the State Association Office located in Olathe, Kansas.
ATS HeartCheck offers schools and youth organizations a unique program not available anywhere else in the country. Performing an echocardiogram and EKG on each child in addition to having results provided by well recognized pediatric cardiologists is considered the gold standard in preventative heart screenings for youth. Those were the key elements the ATS HeartCheck was built around, all delivered by specially trained medical professionals certified in congenital and genetic heart conditions who make their living saving kids lives every day. You won’t find a better heart screening anywhere!
“It is extremely hard to put into words what ATS has done for us. We had what we thought to be our completely healthy kids tested a few years ago. Much to our surprise and shock, they found a large hole in Riley’s heart that required surgery to repair. The surgeon told us it was good that the hole was detected because Riley was a walking stroke waiting to happen. We are forever grateful we took advantage of the opportunity and think everyone should do the same because you may never know what is going on inside your child until it’s too late.” – Amy Ebert